SastraPrathibha Contest [SPC]
- SPC begins with a written examination conducted in all Indian schools in the UAE.
- Written examination is the 1st level of screening to decide the Sastra Prathibhas of the year. .
- Annual participation of over 25,000 students every year. .
- Examination conducted in the school premises and is completely FREE OF COST to the students. .
- Eligible students: 5th grade to 12th grade. .
- Examination category: Sub-juniors, juniors and seniors. .
- Examination type: Multiple choice questions. .
- Top students from each category would be selected to go to the next round of screening, the Science Camp. .
- The 2nd level of screening for the SPC
- A ONE day intense session to select the Sastra Prathibhas of the year.
- FOUR competitions for each of the categories
- Quiz on science
- Identification round
- Scientific reasoning
- Question and Answer session
- Judges for the camp would be pioneers and experts from the scientific fraternity of UAE.
- A whole day session including lunch and evening tea for the participants.
- A platform for any student to showcase his / her scientific talents.
- FOUR competitions are part of the Knowledge Fair:
- Science Project Exhibition
- Science Quiz
- Science Research Paper Presentation
- Best Science Teacher Award
- Scientists from India and experts from the UAE are invited to judge these competitions.
- Participation of student groups from all Indian schools in the UAE.
- Interaction session between Judges and Participants after completion of event.
- A TWO day event including seminars from eminent personalities and organisations.
- Lunch and Evening Tea provided to all participants and teachers.
Science India Gala
- A felicitation ceremony to honour the winners of the Sastra Prathiba Contest (Sastra Prathibhas and A+ Winners).
- Eminent Indian Scientists and Dignitaries from the UAE attend function. Indian Ambassador has attended all functions till date.
- The event is organised in association with the Embassy of India, UAE.
- Certificates of all the winners of the Sastra Prathibha Contests are endorsed by the Ambassador of India to the UAE.
- Previous dignitaries who attended the Gala include Dr. Manoj Patairiya (Director, National Council for Technology & Communication India), Dr. G. Madhavan Nair (former Chairman of ISRO), Dr. Vijay Bhatkar (the architect of PARAM supercomputers of India), Padma Vibhushan Dr. Anil Kakodkar (former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission of India), His Highness Shaikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan (UAE Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development) and many more.
Interactive Session between Scientists and Students
- A great opportunity for the students of UAE to meet and discuss with famous Indian Scientists.
- A TWO hour event including snacks
- Generally conducted after the Science India Gala on the very next day.
- All Indian students can participate in this function.
- The event is organised in association with the Embassy of India, UAE.
- Previous scientists who interacted with the students include Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (former President of India), Dr. R. Chidambaram (Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India), Dr. G. Madhavan Nair (former Chairman of ISRO), Dr. Vijay Bhatkar (the architect of PARAM supercomputers of India), Padma Vibhushan Dr. Anil Kakodkar (former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission of India).
National Children's Science Congress (NCSC)
- National Children's Science Congress’ is the flag ship program of the National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC) & Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
- NCSC provides the children of 10 to 17 years from all over the country a unique opportunity to use their scientific temperament and knowledge to make their own dreams come true. The program was initiated in India in 1993.
- NCSTC and DST have authorized SIF - UAE to organise the Children Science Congress in UAE and select the projects & students competing in the National level Children Science Congress in India.
- For the first time since its conception in 1993, students from UAE participated in the 2013 NCSC.
We have immense pleasure in informing you that, from the year 2013 onwards the ‘budding young Scientists’ studying at different Indian Schools in UAE also are getting the unique opportunity to participate with their projects in the prestigious ‘National Children's Science Congress [NCSC] along with selected participants from all the States/Union Territories of India and other ASEAN Countries.
We are delighted to mention here that Government of India has entrusted Science India Forum, UAE (SIF UAE) to conduct the UAE level Children's Science Congress and select the projects from UAE and send them to the National level Congress. This program provides a forum for young students to showcase their creativity in the form of activity on a selected theme. This year the focal theme is "Understanding Weather and Climate".
A school can send a maximum of two projects. Each team has to prepare a brief description of their project and submit to us by email to the email id firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th October 2015.
Please find the link for the documents
1. NCSC Activity Guide
2. Presentation about National Children Science Congress
The last date for confirmation for the school's participation is 20th September 2015.
The UAE level congress will take place tentatively on the 2nd week of November and only those selected projects after the initial level screening will be partcipating in the event.
We look forward to receiving your usual co-operation.
Science India Year Book
- A yearbook showcasing all the events of SIF UAE for the year.
- A library of informative and inspiring articles from various scientists and professionals in the fields of science & technology and education. .
- The yearbooks are distributed free of charge to participating students and their Schools. .
- 25,000 year books published and distributed every year.
Teachers Empowerment Programs
- Objective: To help school teachers familiarize with the recent developments in the field of Education, Science and Technology.
- Seminars and Sessions conducted by top scholars from the field of Education, Research and Industry. .
- Program initiated in Abu Dhabi in April 2014 with an active participation of over 50 teachers. The event was held at the Embassy of India, UAE. .
- This was a Professional Development activity certified jointly by the Science India Forum and the Indian Embassy.
Sastra Pratibhas' Tour
- Annual study tour for the Sastra Prathibas (SP) to various Research and Development Institutions in India.
- Previous study tour destinations in India include :
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Brahmos Aerospace.
- The Sastra Prathibhas are provided with opportunities to interact with India’s pioneers like Dr T. Ramaswamy (Secretary to the Govt. of India, Dept. of Science & Technology), Dr R. Chidambaram (Principal Scientific Advisor to the Govt. of India ), Dr K. Radhakrishnan (Chairman of ISRO) and many more.
- All the SP’s expenses towards the Tour are borne by SIF UAE.